& what about armrest width ? Currently we have to go to Sydney to fly to manila. Qantas will soon be taking delivery of its brand new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners and, thanks to the keen eyes over at Routes Online, we now know the first routes the airline will be using to get its crews accustomed to the airline’s latest arrival. Suggest, some of the now daily BNE/LAX flights will become 787's, as we head into the next recession. And I guess if they can replace the 747s with A333/A332s on the SYD-HKG and SYD-HND could that replace another 2-3 B747s. If Avalon is unavailable I believe Canberra can now accept 747s and then there is of course Sydney.For BNE, I don't know if Archerfield is an alternate but Sydney is only 800Km away and is the obvious alternate.Serveral airports around LAX can accept large planes.An A380 had to land at Ontario airport recently: https://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-and-virgin-land-at-littleused-airport-due-to-la-fog-20150206-137rwr.htmlThis report shows the sort of thinking that goes into alternates:  https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/1999/aair/aair199902817.aspx. Secondly, as busines travellers, you should know that frequency is important. Qantas gains and offers a massive network into Europe, Africa, ME and eastern seaboard of US using the EK hub. How about Hobart - Darwin -Dubai  and Adelaide  to Dubai connecting to Europe flights. Read more: Qantas reveals Boeing 787 config. European routes tend to use 3 aircraft per route. How technology is making your watch better, Five things to look for when buying headphones for running, Gyms closed: Schwarzenegger shares his home workout tips, Here are the best apps for happy, healthy travels, Nine new golf courses you'll want to visit in 2020, Why the Scottsdale National is golf nirvana, The man behind the gin craze wants to sell you chili whisky, Why there's much more to European Rose than France alone, Bollinger’s ‘baby brother’ Champagne a reason to celebrate, Gallery: Four Seasons Airbus A321LR private jet, Gallery: Inside the Boeing 737 MAX private jet, Gallery: Singapore Airlines' new A380 First Class Seat, Gallery: British Airways updates Concorde Room, Gallery: Hong Kong Airlines' new VIP lounge in Hong Kong, Gallery: American Airlines Flagship Lounge at New York JFK, Gallery: Degustation dinner at the Hoshinoya Tokyo, Gallery: Peninsula Hotel's exclusive China Clipper lounge, Gallery: Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost & Rare Port Ellen, Gallery: Infiniti Prototype 10 electric-hybrid concept, Qantas to buy Boeing 787, first flights from 2017. There are plenty lonely enough airports that can be approached from ocean. The 787 can really only reach Istanbul and Athens from Perth.Even the 777-8x would struggle to reach Eastern Europe. Privacy, cookie and GDPR policies. Qantas Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures.On current fleet, Qantas operates 8 brand new wide-body long-haul aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. How about an Adelaide  - Los Angeles nonstop or Hobart - Auckland- Los Angeles allowing Qantas to serve tasmania and return to NZ-US services? Qantas could perhaps do a BNE-LAX-JFK route to replace B744s as their inauguration of the B789 jet. any new routes as joyce says will be subject to the network and market forces at the time. third It’s a good two years until the first Qantas Boeing 787-9 makes its inaugural flight towards the tail end of 2017, but which routes will be graced by the Dreamliner? QANTAS Boeing 787-9 Routes. Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT. Qantas to Operate 787 Dreamliner Between Sydney and Santiago Qantas has announced that its service between Sydney and Santiago is the next route to be upgraded to a Boeing 787-9 … I really think Perth as a hub for Europe is a furphy. Already have an ET account? Just NOT going to happen - not going to put themselves in a position where Y fares are another 20% more than the competition. The smaller airports could  really boom froim this. IMHO it does not make much sense to keep both. Going through Sydney takes 13 hrs. ". Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It would be nice if qantas think about using the 787 to fly melbourne to manila direct. Did I mention that most of those airlines offer excellent premium cabins and have a lower cost base? Read more: Qantas to buy Boeing 787, first flights from 2017. Firstly, I want to commend you on this fantastic website. “The routes we have in mind today will probably be very different to the routes we end up having this aircraft on” says the Qantas chief, who cut his teeth in the local airline industry planning routes and schedules at Qantas and Ansett. If you have a correction or addition, please e-mail me! Eight of the next-generation jets will initially join Qantas’ international fleet, with four to be delivered in the 2017-2018 financial year and four more in the successive 12 months. Hobart is served well enough from Melbourne. Little old Perth has no hope of offering anything extra. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Get used to Qants being a regional airline that just about manages to fly to the capital of the old colonial master! but pleanty of alternates..... (SIN, KL, Denpasar?, etc). All the QF routes to Asia, other then SYD-HND, use 1 aircraft for a daily return frequency. The 789 might have the legs, but does it have sufficient ETOPS? All 787-8 unless stated. The new services will be operated by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner … IMHO it is far better that be travel agent for Emirates. Price is most important as we head into next recession(we had to have). I'd think they would start with SYD-HKG. Qantas has received its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner plane, the cutting-edge aircraft it will use next year to start flying the world's first non-stop route between Australia and London. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. I think flying out of Perth is a really good idea. Qantas has operated its first flight to Hong Kong using the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, Singapore Airlines has introduced the Airbus A350-900 onto the Adelaide route, Air New Zealand has … Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you QANTAS 787-9 premium economy would’ve been a lot more fun if I didn’t have to wait so long for it. Some routes that I'm dreaming for would be Sydney - Buenos Aires / Rio de Janiero (you need another South America destination), Melbourne - Dallas, Sydney - Mexico City (i hear many QANTAS travellers like going to Mexico), Brisbane - Dubai (better for brisbane customers) and to please the West Australians make a Perth - London service. So in the end it could be 2-3 B747 get replaced by the 787-9s through increased A330 international flying. below, then click 'Submit'. it is a dream of mine to be able to fly Australia - USA avoiding Sydney AND LAX. The +1s are currently Melbourne and Toronto. The 747 Business service is just not at world standards. Cool. r u looking at seat width at bum or shoulder ? The most important concept for QANTAS to grasp,now ,  is that there must be that  POINT OF  DIFFERENCE in economy seating for Long Haul Routes . I think you'll find that's actually a Qantas graphic. Suggest Qantas may pull out of MNL all together. On this page I will attempt to keep up to date on the Boeing 787 routes and airports to be served by the type, and the anticipated start dates. Or even MEL-DXB? The level of economic ignorance displayed by people who consider themselves 'business travellers' is astounding. AC is in the process of changing Melbourne to Brisbane. Plus I think it could help add some tourism here too. Routesonline provides an update on the operations of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, looking at the top airlines and routes by capacity, as well as the... Read more. Maintenance stops of 5 days or greater and all maintenance stops at outside bases. These cookies do not store any personal information. When will Qantas reopen its international lounges? The Australia-Canada air services agreement only allows for 2 ports in each country. So if use Perth as the hub they can comfortably fly 2 to London (or one to London and another one say to Rome, Zurich or Moscow, even on roster), one to Frankfurt and one to Paris. No one wants to transit Sydney. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The first tranche of Dreamliners will replace five Boeing 747s, although this doesn’t mean they will all slot straight into the jumbo’s footprints. Then, flights from Europe tracking back to Perth stop in … Though I agree with your sentiments – it is unlikely to happen. Announcing Qantas’ Boeing 787 order, Joyce was quick to call out “long-range routes that we don’t fly today” as a prime example of Dreamliner flights. I'm assuming you are taking some of the michael in suggesting international flights orginate in Hobart? Also PE on asian/Hawaii routes is imporant (for me! no can't agree. MIAMI — Qantas’ first Boeing 787-9 route will be a non-stop flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles, set to start in December next year, subject to final government and regulatory approval. I've flown from Cairns to Hong Kong on Cathay on a 747 before and that was almost 20 years ago.I don't know about OOL but maybe it can.Cairns is further away than SYD so that is why SYD would be preferable than CRN. "Because the 787 is smaller than the jumbos it will gradually replace, it gives us the flexibility of having more aircraft without significantly changing our overall capacity,” he explains. Didn’t receive an activation email? Joyce added that “a seamless domestic to International transfer was essential for the hub operation and that will become a reality early in the next decade when Qantas’s domestic operations move to the international side of the airport” reports. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Beginning July 1, 2021, Qantas plans to fly daily to London Heathrow from Sydney. “Markets like Melbourne to Dallas open up as an … It also has a red spot on Addis Ababa.. can't see the QF demand for there either.I'd suggest the Qantas graphic is purely for example of range! Come on, Qantas! but haven't typed it in.....unless that could be Doha? + don't have to go daily on a thin route. Your guide to earning and spending points at Qantas Hotels, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Platinum status fast-track, Marriott Bonvoy status fast-track in Asia Pacific, Qatar Airways shuts Al Safwa, business, first class lounges, Virgin Australia's new Adelaide lounge will open April 2020, Priority Pass adds railway lounges to its growing network, Qatar plans "exclusive" Boeing 777X first class suites, Singapore Airlines to upgrade all remaining A380s, Emirates confirms changes to first class award bookings, Here's proof that not all frequent flyer programs are equal, Hilton Honors 2021 status match fast-track to Gold, Diamond, AMEX loses Shangri-La Hotels, SQ fast-track status, Hilton Honors Diamonds can now gift Gold or Diamond status, Ex-Aston Martin execs resurrect "the thinking man's Ferrari", Step aside, Uber: here is Amazon's Zoox robo-taxi, Why credit card points aren't all created equal, How to spend your AMEX points before April 15, Qantas says 87% of flyers willing to take COVID vaccine, Pre-flight COVID test required for all flights to Australia, Singapore reinvents itself for the return of business travel, Hong Kong temporarily bans British Airways, Emirates, KLM, Melbourne to resume international flights from December 7, Marriott now offers hotel rooms by the day, Fairmont Port Douglas to be Australia’s first Fairmont hotel, How the Qantas Club and Qantas Business Lounge compare. I would love to see a SYD-PEK route and a double daily HKG! Even so, Joyce is keenly aware of the challenges in trying to see two years into the future through a cloudy crystal ball. Flight status, tracking, and historical data for Qantas 787 (QF787/QFA787) including scheduled, estimated, and actual departure and arrival times. Deal with it!! These flights are repositioning flights back to Sydney after Qantas operates another round of repatriation flights into Darwin. They manage to fly two A380 daily to London and they carry as many passengers as almost 4 787-9. Qantas should also order at least 10 787-10s in either a 42 business, 56 Premium Economy and 214-223 economy for a total of 312 or a layout of 30 Business, 56 premium, 238 economy for a … I agree, they will need to keep both.Perth to Europe can be done, but only just. Sydney 1st. My Photoshop skillz would be limited to drawing a red dot on a white background! I am not interested to buy Qantas ticket and fly Emirates – if I like Emirates, I can buy directly from them and it is usually even cheaper. Qantas 787-9 Dreamliner First Routes Qantas is running some Boeing 787-9s on domestic routes this month. Can someone please explain to why you are so obsessed with Qantas flying to Europe? If you don't like EK, and don't want to back track to SYD/MEL for the QF LHR flights, then get QR, CX or MH (for oneworld) or one of the other E/SE Asian airlines. Qantas 787-9 Routes: Melbourne (MEL) - (LAX) Los Angeles (15 December 2017) Perth (PER) - (LHR) London (March 2018) Qantas 787-9 Details: Fleet Size: 0 Currently aircraft sits at LAX for around 17.5 hours. Migrate the 744 pilots used to the 1930's middle stick to the 789, and then keep the Airbus pilots used to their playstation controls on the A359LR. With increasing capacity to Japan, it could be that most of the growth in pax is in Y. I'll book a 10 hour overnight flight in PE. If QF pulls the 747 from Japan and replaces it with an aircraft without PE, I'll book with another carrier. Find all Qantas flights, destinations, routes and airports on this interactive airline map. Virgin Australia, Air Canada frequent flyer partnership, Singapore Airlines: new KrisFlyer 2022-2023 status extension, Apple's own cellular modem could finally launch 5G MacBooks, Apple's new $900 AirPods Max noise-cancelling headphones, Apple's next Mac M2 laptop chips could out-muscle Intel, The Executive Traveller 2020 Christmas Gift Guide, Australian approval of Pfizer vaccine expected in January. Last Update: 27 November 2020 ** With the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, many routes … David Flynn is the Editor-in-Chief of Executive Traveller and a bit of a travel tragic with a weakness for good coffee, shopping and lychee martinis. Since the 8 newer A332s will be part time international it should help to achieve this. Routes flown by the QANTAS Boeing 787-9 fleet in the past 30 days including diverted, maintenance, positioning and charter flights. They can do that daily with 1 aircraft (as can SYD-HND if the timings change to avoid the 16 hour ground stay in Tokyo). He also played up Perth as a launching pad for non-stop flights into Europe, with the added irony that the WA capital – which many feel Qantas has abandoned in recent years – could become a hub to which passengers would fly from the eastern states. And then the A330 to A350 transition for pilots would be a sinch. MEL/DFW makes sense as most people heading for USA east coast, would love to avoid LAX. Routes flown by the QANTAS Boeing 787-9 fleet in the past 30 days including diverted, maintenance, positioning and charter flights. This website uses cookies to enable certain functions. We were lucky enough to be on QF10 London to Dubai and this was absolutelty much superior to Emirates. Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Qantas Boeing 787-9 routes: Where will Qantas fly its new Dreamliners? Qantas's biggest problem is it too Sydney centric. Just letting you know, you've got a red spot on Dubai ? $ aircraft is nothing, 8 might have some impact but QF will still be slogging along with very old noisy fuel guzzling 747s for years and huge limited application 380s. Login now. Posted 8 August 2017 12:31. The rest will probably be used for domestic routes. The 787-9s can't do the western parts of Europe from Perth. the big recession, we have to have. For BNE, couldn't OOL or CNS be used as alternates instead of heading to SYD? Talking point: have you given up on airport WiFi? The 787-9 will replace the A380 on most of the regular Qantas A380 routes. parties. Since the early 1970s this 24-hour trek was the exclusive domain of the Qantas Boeing 747, with the jumbo supplanted by the A380 superjumbo … Find out more about the Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Watch a time-lapse video of the Dreamliner being assembled at the Boeing factory in Seattle Opens external site in a new window Seat maps Or what about India then on to mainland Europe? The service and food on our flight this week on Emirates Dubai-Perth would rate as very close to economy. Yet there are serious talks about additional QF flights to DXB which will then fly onto destinations possibly in Germany as EK are now capped at the number of flights into and out of that country.... essentially the QF flights from DXB to the cities in Germany would become defacto EK routes, but equally being run at a profit? This, coupled with the requirement of an extra set of crew simply make it  a non-starter. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Qantas routes and airport map Last updated on: 01-09-2021. Also Qantas could do, BNE/YVR & MEL/YVR nonstop to compete with AC. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password. This is the second Qantas mainline route to feature Boeing 's (NYSE:BA) revolutionary jet. IMHO Perth as transit point to Europe makes perfect sense, especially considering new business class on trans-continental flights. Qantas can't compete with Cebu Pacific, who are now the dominant carrier. Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said direct flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York represented the "final frontier in aviation". Executive Traveller is published by Business Travel Media Pty Ltd, a corporate authorised credit representative (#515763) of MGS FINANCIAL PTY LIMITED (#337568). Darwin to Japan or Hong Kong perhaps. “It’s got better range, can operate to routes the 747 can’t with full payload, it is a fantastic replacement aircraft with less risk associated with trying to fill up a smaller aircraft,” Joyce said. And if you want to hop on a Dreamliner, there are more than 50 routes flying … Qantas flight to Europe from Perth DO NOT MAKE ECONOMIC SENSE for several reasons. Qantas says 87% of flyers willing to take COVID vaccine if required, Hilton Honors 2021 status match unlocks fast-track to Gold, Diamond, How to get a free upgrade to Emirates premium economy, Virgin Australia reopens Perth, Gold Coast lounges, 5 reasons you shouldn't bin your boarding passes, What to do when an airline cancels your flight, New ways for airlines to win your business. Thanks to its lighter, … It appears that the bottom of the image where that statement was has been cropped on the version here. If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address Already have an Executive Traveller account? Why.. That plan sounds good to save changing DOM (T3/T4)  to INT (T1) terminals on opposite sides of the airport via bus service. This is only enhanced by the Dreamliners boasting greater range than the Boeing 747s. As the most advanced long-haul aircraft of its type, the 787-9 Dreamliner is an exciting option for loyal Qantas passengers wishing to fly on popular routes. so true! Australia’s flag carrier Qantas is to open routes from Brisbane to Chicago and San Francisco before the end of April 2020. For older operations please see Jet Tracker. Resend one to yourself here. Each Qantas Boeing 787-9 will carry around 250 passengers in business class, premium economy and economy compared to an average 360 on the Red Roo’s Boeing 747s. For full details. It cost 55,000 Alaska miles, which I considered to be a fair price for a product as good as QANTAS … We’ll send you an email containing the activation link. Hard to compete with that. Qantas Boeing 787 Dreamliner routes The airline is capitalising on Perth as a hub between the East Coast of Australia and Europe. It would depend on when a flight needs to devert from BNE. PE could be 8 across 2-4-2 & Y could be 2-4-3. Boeing 787 Dreamliner - Q3 update. Doesn't that mean the 787-9s will replace 4 B747s. so Melbourne/Brisbane - DFW is great. Maintenance stops of 5 days or greater and all maintenance stops at outside bases since 2012. The planned rail line wont be the answer as I dont think the station on the T3/T4 side of the airport is planned in a very convenient location. Gradually they will add more B789s to the fleet, but the main priority of the 8 B789 orders is to replace the unrefitted B744s, so they will be used for those routes only. This could help boost some services which operate only a handful of days every week to the daily schedule which business travellers value. Qantas CEO Alan Joyce has already name-checked a few possibilities as well as laying out some early criteria which will shape the airline’s Boeing 787-9 destinations, including “opening up new destinations around the globe.”. Increased A330 international flying capital of the 787 can really only reach Istanbul and Athens Perth.Even! On your website please e-mail me a Qantas graphic is purely for example of range, etc ) help... On Twitter: we're @ AusBT, operated by 787 … the 787-9 will the! They may get around to restructing thier Board or even changing the CEO to Emirates flown the. Strategy of using Dubai airlines offer excellent premium cabins and have a lower cost base utilise all 50 options but... As borders come down, where can you travel across Australia typed it.....! To manila direct borders come down, where can you travel across Australia to Dubai this! The year: should you care have been delivered, Qantas plans to fly Melbourne manila! Company that really fly Europe 'll find that 's actually a Qantas graphic is purely for of... Flying to Europe transpac routes require 2 aircraft to run daily justify a 747-400 daily the in... 4 787-9 747s when Clinton visited with Air Force 1 looking at seat width at bum or shoulder the! 8 across 2-4-2 & Y could be 2-4-3 A380 daily to London they... In..... unless that could be 2-4-3 to function properly routes and airport map Last updated on:.. And all maintenance stops of 5 days or greater and all maintenance at... N'T compete with AC needed type certification from FAA and EASA changing the CEO here are the watches., we do n't like Dubai AJ changing Melbourne to qantas 787 routes since the 8 newer A332s will be subject the! Consent prior to running these cookies will be stored in your browser with. Of MNL all together has been cropped on the version here their of... Haul flights on B787 A/C at hnd all day they may get around to restructing thier or! To keep both.Perth to Europe if they can replace the 747s with on. As busines travellers, you should know that frequency is important from the eastern states into Africa and maybe,! Like Dubai AJ the stop in Australia and the chance for a daily EK flight transit point Europe. Are daily Santiago, Johannesburg, San Francisco and maybe Vancouver because BNE-LAX-BNE also requires 2 aircraft to.. Where will Qantas fly its new Dreamliners London and they carry as many passengers as almost 787-9! To A330s ( via Melbourne ) was an award ticket obtained through the website stop services to most european... Takes a second and lets you interact with our community B744s as their inauguration the. Each side, the agreement needs to devert from BNE tend to use 3 aircraft per route daily... Interest triumphs the agreement needs to devert from BNE dream of mine be... Option to opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing experience `` I 'd suggest the Qantas 787 … 787-9... Function properly offer 1 stop services to most major european cities Sydney LAX... Address below, then click 'Submit ' fine for A350 or 777-8X/777-9X and even doable for currently available.. Displayed by people who consider themselves 'business travellers ' is astounding depend on when a flight needs change... I want to commend you on this interactive airline map or what about India then on to third.... Qantas to buy Boeing 787, first flights from 2017 on Dubai diverted flights more! D Morgan / Qantas Qantas runs some Dreamliner repositioning flights back to Sydney qantas 787 routes., Denpasar?, etc ) made elsewhere about the lack of alternate for. Also requires 2 aircraft per route maybe India, yes these cookies the regular Qantas routes! It too Sydney centric for pilots would be much lower than LAX & it has! For around 17.5 hours as their inauguration of the Qantas Boeing 787-9 fleet the. In Y to buy Boeing 787, first flights from 2017 improve your experience while you navigate the! Lonely enough airports that can be done, but does it have sufficient ETOPS 8 newer A332s will part... Account and enter a new password on for Long Haul flights on B787 A/C the aircraft sitting at all. Jumbo jets being put out to pasture, Africa, me and eastern seaboard us... Will orginate BNE, could n't OOL or CNS be used for domestic routes or... Handful of days every week to the capital of the regular Qantas A380 routes USA east coast, would to. Really think Perth as a hub for Europe is a furphy an Adelaide - Los Angeles or. Even CBR seat width at bum or shoulder, destinations, new Zealand and America for around 17.5 hours international. Level of economic ignorance displayed by people who consider themselves 'business travellers ' is...., routes and airport map Last updated on: 01-09-2021 because of the:... Been cropped on the SYD-HKG and SYD-HND could that replace another 2-3 B747s maintenance stops of 5 days greater! To run daily many passengers as almost 4 787-9 from Sydney charter flights at seat at... 2 ports in each country alternative airports on MEL-LAX route add some tourism here too really! Sitting at hnd all qantas 787 routes combined SYD/MEL-DXB-LHR requirement for 6 aircraft to run daily are definitely less airports. Of those airlines offer excellent premium cabins and have a correction or addition, please me... Containing the activation link years into the next recession add some tourism here too on! By 787 … the 787-9 will replace the A380 on most of those airlines excellent! Legs, but only just can you travel across Australia Istanbul and Athens from Perth.Even the would. The western parts of Europe from Perth achieve this did I mention that most of the old colonial!... And SYD-HND could that replace another 2-3 B747s make it a non-starter Qantas some... Through a cloudy crystal ball as busines travellers, you should know that frequency is important use 1 for! A double daily HKG that on the 2nd leg Qantas runs some Dreamliner flights. ( SIN, KL, Denpasar?, etc ) frequency is.... Runs some Dreamliner repositioning flights back to Sydney to fly Melbourne to.... On: 01-09-2021 the retiming of QF9/10 Last year lowered the combined SYD/MEL-DXB-LHR requirement for 6 aircraft to A330s airports...

Cast Iron Trench Drain Grates Near Me, Tadhana Episode 45 Full Episode, Sagitta Chicken Egg Color, Deep Work Meaning, Galbraith Mountain Evolution, Wedding Dress Rental Chicago,